Thursday, November 25, 2010

First Blog Post

In the late '90s I ran a website featuring record reviews called Creative Noise.  Eventually I grew bored and burnt out on it, and abandoned the site.  It hasn't been updated since 2001, but an archive of my old site can be found here:

http://starling.rinet.ru/music/temp/music-1.html

This site picks up where my old site left off.  Naturally, as a decade or so has passed, some of my opinions have changed (and some haven't), and there are parts of my old site that make me cringe with embarassment at the amateurish writing or ill-conceived opinionating.  Not that I'm disowning the juvenalia written in my mid-20s; some of the pages on Creative Noise contain some fine writing and assessments that I still stand by.  But onward to the future!, as this site is about.  Like my old site, this blog will contain record reviews of various artists flying under the pop/rock banner.  I also plan on adding top ten (or five, or fifteen) lists, essays, whimsey, or whatever strikes me as worth blogging.  The plan here isn't quite no plan, but an intentionally vague plan - the idea here is to play it loose.  Otherwise it wouldn't be fun and I'd grow bored quickly, which is why I quit in the first place, all those years ago.

That brief intro out of my system, on to the reviews!  I trust they'll speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment